Related Research Interests
David Bright’s research interests explore virtues-based organizing, positive social science, organization and leadership development, appreciation and forgiveness in organizations, and classroom excellence. He recently co-authored Becoming a Master Manager (6th ed) with Robert E. Quinn.
- Bright, David S.; Caza, Arran; Turesky, Elizabeth; Putzel, Roger; Nelson, Eric; Luechtefeld, Ray. (2016) Constructivist Meta-practices: When Students Design Activities, Lead Others, and Assess Peers. Journal of Leadership Education, 15(4), 75-99.
- Bright, David S.; Winn, Bradley A.; Kanov, Jason (2014). Reconsidering virtue: Differences in perspective in virtue ethics and the positive social sciences. Journal of Business Ethics, 119(4), 445-460. 10.1007/s10551-013-1832-x. (A)
- Bright, David S.; Fry, Ronald E. (2013) Building ethical, virtuous organizations. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 49 (1), 5-12. (B)
- Taylor, Scott; Bright, David S (2011). Open-mindedness and defensiveness in multi-source feedback process: A conceptual framework. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 47(4), 432-460. DOI 10.1177/0021886311408724.
- Bright, David S. (2009) Appreciative Inquiry and Positive Organizational Scholarship: A philosophy of practice for turbulent times. OD Practitioner, 41(3): 2-7.
- Boyd, Neil M.; Bright, David S. (2007). Appreciative Inquiry as a mode of action research in community psychology. Journal of Community Psychology, 35 (8): 1019-1036.Bright, David S. (2006). Virtuousness is necessary for genuineness in corporate philanthropy. Academy of Management Review, 31 (3): 752-756. (A*)
- Bright, David S.; Fry, Ronald E.; Cooperrider, David L. (2006). Forgiveness from the perspectives of three response modes: Begrudgement, pragmatism and transcendence. Journal of Management Spirituality and Religion, 2/3 (1): 78-103.
- Bright, David S; Cameron, Kim S.; and Caza, Arran. (2006). The amplifying and buffering effects of virtuousness in downsized organizations. Journal of Business Ethics, 64 (3), 249-269.